Fourth beta release.Main changes:
- Adding package documentation using knitr and R-markdown
- clrNew now with arguments
- Date-time handling is now using POSIXct classes instead of Date. The temporal resolution is thus much better, however beware that POSIXct is effectively a UTC time with a timezone conversion. A lot of unit tests are in place around it, but date and time zone is a complicated topic.
- This release does not include Mono support; unfortunately this is not yet usable as it is too unstable. There has actually been major progress, but some new issues still emerged.
Please follow the installation instructions in Installing R packages
An entry point to using rClr is the Quick start
on the Documentation
- As of 2013-06-16 there is a bug in the package 'testthat', so you may have an issue with running the unit tests.
This package is a zip file you can install with e.g. R CMD INSTALL. It is only for Windows, and the CLR used is .NET 4.5. The package contains binaries for both 64 and 32 bits.Acknowledgements
This release relies for some features on the project R.NET
is gratefully acknowledged for his work.